Adam & Tyler 4-Week Campaign Results Results
Well, finally worked how to by pass the blackberry walled garden data services.
It has been six weeks of frustration and anger, I did want to set fire to my handset for a time. I can now access apps properly, still no gps. This work around will allow you to install a variety of apps which you can run from you downloads folder.
I don’t have black berry data and can now connect to downloaded apps via my 3 data plan. Before I did this work around, I could install apps but they would not run as the blackberry bold handset was lookn for black berrydata. Which I don’t have, I can now connect apps via my 3 service. Note this will not activate the gps,the handsets gps only supports blackberry maps. BTW 3 has a good month to month, no contract iSim deal.
It is $50 a mnth for $350 in calls and 1GB/mnth data. I thnk 1GB of data is a minimum for a smart phone. Thanks to a bright colleague whose initials are TZ.
Here are the 3 steps:
1. Go to menu/options/advanced options/tcp.
2. Paste in your carriers APN (just call or google your carriers APN) info into the top field, I’m with 3 and here is 3’s APN “3netaccess”. Leave the other two fields blank.
3. Save the settings.
Some good apps and tools:
1. Opera mobile browser.
2. Google apps(Gmail/maps etc)
3. Nimbuzz (aggregates several accounts: facebook, I’m etc)
5. WordPress for blackberry.
I hope it helps and you share it with others going through the same thing.
Drop me a line if this helped or if you have any cool tips or apps to share, maybe even a gps work around or hack?
Wouldn’t that be nice.